Information & Messages
Bear Lake PRD By Law (August 1992)
The Lake Management Project (LMP) was introduced at the annual meeting held on September 5, 2015. The project was started in early 2016 and has a completion date in early 2018. Studies that entail frog and toad surveys have been done, historical water data has been gathered and reviewed, point intercept data has been done and there are several parts of the project that are and will be ongoing until the conclusion of the project. Other parts of the project will be concluded as the data and studies are available. There will be opportunities for residents to volunteer in the future for parts of the data collection.
- 2022 Yellow Iris Fact Sheet
- 2022 Yellow Iris Problem
- 2021 Aquatic Invasive Species Monitoring Annual Report
- 2020 Aquatic Invasive Species Monitoring Annual Report
- 2019 Aquatic Invasive Species Monitoring Annual Report
- 2018 Aquatic Invasive Species Monitoring Annual Report
- Lake Management Plan (April 2018)
- Aquatic Plant Management Plan (April 2018)
- Whitewater Report #3, August 1, 2017
- Whitewater Report #2, May 3, 2017
- Whitewater Report #1, Nov. 1, 2016
- Highwater Report
- Angler's Journal Please fill out and return.
These messages are intended for the use of new property owners and for review by the current owners.
2022-24 Bear Lake Tri-Annual Drawdown
2021 Bear Lake Tri-Annual Drawdown
Bear Lake Water Quality Reports
WI DNR Bear Lake Water Quality
- 2022 - 1059 Walleye were stocked in Bear Lake on 09/19/2022, 6”-9” average. 2/3 - 1/2 were distributed around the lake and the rest were released at the landing.
- 2021 - 2142 Walleye were stocked in Bear Lake on 10/18/2021. They were a 7” average but many as large as 12"-13”
- 2020 - 1,500 Walleye were stocked in Bear Lake in late October 2020. Consisting of 1,000 6"-9" and 500 9"-10"with many 11"
- 2019 - 2,000 Walleye 6"-9" were stocked in October 2019
- 2020 State Loon Population Report
- 2020 State Loon Population Survey 1
- 2020 State Loon Population Survey 2
- 2020 State Loon Population Survey 3
Brush Disposal - The Town of Minocqua has a burn pad for residents disposal of yard waste. www.townofminocqua.org see Public Works Dept.
Pets - Minocqua has a pet ordnance Minocqua code of ordinances, chapter 5
Wisconsin Lakes - www.wisconsinlakes.org
Boating Regulations - www.dnr.wi.gov/topic/boat
Burn Permits - www.dnr.wi.gov/topic/forestfire/permits.html
Septic Systems, section 13.51 - www.co.oneida.wi.gov/docview.asp?docid=5643&locid=135 (PDF document)
Shoreland Regulations - See Oneida County Planing and Zoning Dept. - www.co.oneida.wi.gov/section.asp?linkid=1805&locid=135